Thursday, 16 September 2010

A slight technical hitch!

The 2010 UK speed championships was held on the 11/12th of September and I ran Black Knight on the Saturday afternoon. Here is a pic of the prepared car

Everything went well for the first run and I managed a speed of 151.51mph. Here is a short video. I am waiting for the better one to be delivered

The next run I installed the ignitor in the rocket but it was a different type with no groove in. The groove is to allow the expanding gasses to escape. As the rocket was ignited the gasses built up inside the motor and had nowhere to go so it exploded destroying the car. Here is a pic

I am in the process or rebuilding the car with a few upgrades.

Watch this space